I have several passions:
- I have a passion and a great love for Liberty. I have a passion and a deep and abiding respect for those early American’s who risked all to secure our freedom.
- I have a passion for firearms training, specifically defensive and tactical training.
- I have a passion and an amazing love for my God and King, Jesus Christ.
- I am passionately in love with Mindy, my wife and best friend for forty plus years. She is my greatest proof that there is a God in heaven.
- I deeply love my five children, they are simply amazing.
- I tenderly love my 16 bright and brilliant and funny grandkids. The are my second assurance that there is a God in heaven.
- I love life. I is difficult and challenging and painful and still it is miraculous beyond description. I would not miss this dance for anything.
- I have a passion for the art of photography. It is through photography that I vent the pressures associated with items 1 and 2 above. It is through photography that I attempt to portray the wonder and awe that I find in items 3 through 7 above.
These things that make me who I am can best be understood by knowing a little of my history.
In the late nineties, I was working as a commercial photographer and graphic artist, secured in the sure knowledge that bad things happen to other people. Somehow, my family became targeted by a Tacoma gang. There are certain things that change a man forever. I experienced some of these as events transpired. For example, when a man is under attack and is forced to use his car as a projectile, leaving another human being down and broken in the street; or when a man stands, gun in hand, to protect his home with his wife and children at his back; or when a man uses a gun to clear invaders from his home, he will be forever changed.
About this same time, and in the years that followed, I became increasingly concerned when I realized that my family was again being targeted by a corrupt and growing power mascaraing as the American government.
I have been troubled deeply by the ever growing assurance that the people of this nation think they can thrive without daily miracles from God. Without a thought of God, they cast aside the only power to save and began to travel a path to nowhere of value and the price will be paid by all.
I was changed when I realized that all of my firearms training, military and otherwise, was useless in the face of determined violent criminals. I was changed when I realized that all of my civic training in the home of my youth, in school, as a Boy Scout and as a member of the military was useless in the face of dedicated constitutional criminals. I was changed when I understood that my training in church only had the appearance of righteousness.
You see, we learn to cook in real kitchens, learn to drive in real cars. But firearms training generally occurs on a flat range with static targets where the stress and pressure of actual lethal events are never experienced, civic duty is generally discussed while sitting on out butts around the kitchen table, duty to God is considered in the pew and forgotten during the week. But, here we learn by doing, by getting dirty, by getting involved.
That is why I have dedicated my life to becoming the best firearms and constitutional instructor and disciple of Jesus that I can possibly be.
- NRA certified Pistol Instructor.
- NRA certified Range Safety Officer.
- U.S. Army and U.S. Air Force firearms qualifications. Weapon systems include the M16, M60, 38 Special revolver and the M60 for helicopter door gunnery.
- Advanced firearms training with Chris Costa, founder of Magpul Dynamics.
- I am a patriot who is politically active. I have discovered that the founding documents were written to be understood by simple men like myself. Because I understand, I share.
- I ran for the Idaho State Legislature in 2014 because many of our current law makers think nothing of destroying the Constitution. And as it dies, so dies freedom.
- I am a natural communicator and educator who is happy and comfortable in front of people. I am anxious to come to you, where you are, that together we might shake off the scaled of ignorance.